Best Student Paper Competition
- The first-place will receive HKD4,000.
- The second-place will receive HKD2,000.
- Each honorable mention will receive HKD500.
- The first-place prize:
- Li, Yang (University of Toronto) for the paper titled "Efficient Ignorance: Information Heterogeneity in a Queue".
- The second-place prize:
- Uppari, Bhavani Shanker (INSEAD) for the paper titled "On the Consistency between Prospect Theory and the Newsvendor Problem";
- The honorable mention prize:
- Huang, Weixiang (City University of Hong Kong) for the paper titled "Bank and Retailer Financing for a Capital Constrained Supplier";
- Wang, Yunjie (Hong Kong University of Science and Technology) for the paper titled "Manufacturer Rebate Competition in a Supply Chain with a Common Retailer";
- Wang, Tong (The Chinese University of Hong Kong) for the paper titled " Dynamic Inventory Management with Total Minimum Order Commitments and Two Supply Options ".
Eligibility and Guidelines
- Competitors should be students. Each paper should be led and presented by a student during the conference. Each student is required to register for the conference and submit only one entry for the competition. Failure to register for the conference may lose the eligibility of the competition.
- Paper topics must fit the theme of the conference. The submitted papers should be written in English. Presentation should also be conducted in English.
- To participate in the competition, please submit an electronic form (in MS-Word or PDF format, and should not exceed 32 pages), including paper/ presentation title, authors' names, affiliations, and the corresponding author's phone/ fax number, with subject “Best student paper competition” via email to
email@example.com on or before October 30, 2015. The format of the papers should follow that of the manuscripts submitted for consideration by the Production and Operations Management which is available at www.poms.org/2007/02/information.html.
- Submission for the competition will be considered for conference presentation automatically. Please do not submit the same paper twice.
Each paper/ presentation will be evaluated based on two criteria.
- Academic significance (originality, depth, completeness and work's potential impact on future research).
- Engineering or business relevance (importance of the problem and its impact on engineering or business practice).